Wednesday, November 11, 2009

RECIPE - WHIPPING CREAM BISCUITS-NOVEMBER 11, 2009

 

Whipping Cream Biscuits (Time: 15 minutes)

NOTE: These biscuits are so simple, my son Scott would whip them up while I made breakfast. They will actually melt in your mouth with goodness.

2 cups self-rising flour
 
1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, a little more if needed
butter or jam for topping

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour and cream, stirring with a fork until blended. The dough may be stiff, but will come together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Dust with a little flour beneath dough to avoid sticking and roll dough to a ½ inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.


2. Place biscuits, sides touching, on a lightly greased baking sheet and let set for about 5 minutes. The biscuits will rise as they set. Place pan in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm with butter and jam. Makes 12 biscuits.


1 comment:

  1. Recently I visited my son and daughter-in-law and saw your new cookbook on her cookbook stand. I said” Oh, you have a new cookbook”. She said that her girlfriend had given it to her for her birthday and that it “was signed by the author!!”. I looked at it and said “Rosalie Fiorino, I went to school with her!!” I “knew” you right down to the cleft on the chin. I remembered that you were a little thing with long dark hair and that you used to tie up the sides and top and let the back hang long. I had a perfect vision of you (then). I then got my yearbook fom Rosati-Kain and looked for you but you weren’t there!! I called a good fiend of mine from grade school (St. May Magdalen) and asked if she knew your name as I then thought maybe it was grade school I remembered you from. She said your name wasn’t familiar. I then called my sister who was 2 yeas behind me at Rosati but she didn’t ecognize the name. Now I’m so cuious I can’t stand it. Where do I remember you from?? I am Carole Buford Finder, ring any bells??

    ReplyDelete