Thursday, September 17, 2009

SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 - COUNTRY DEBUT

 SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 - COUNTRY DEBUT
 
Country Greetings!

Hello to all the eager fans of the new and pending, *Rosalie Serving Country Cookbook,* which hopefully will make its debut the first week in October. It is still currently being printed at the well established R. R. Donnelley & Sons Publishing Company in Crawfordsville, Indiana.

So, my faithful fans, where do you think would be the best place to market my new cookbook right here in the Midwest state of Missouri? Perhaps you have visited towns that feature famous Bed and Breakfasts, Country Stores, or even Country Shops where a successful book signing or consignment would be possible. Please let me know your thoughts by emailing me at

rosalie@rosalieservingitalian.com. If you live out of the state of Missouri, please let me know your favorite places. I'm sure I can visit on tour sometime.

I must say that my first complete Country cooking class at the wonderful Rendezvous Café in O'Fallon, Missouri, went very well last Monday evening. The menu was *Rosalie's Chicken & Dumplings,* *Southern Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing,* *Sweet Yeast Rolls,* and *Bread Pudding with Vanilla Custard Sauce.* At first I was concerned that I chose recipes too lengthy to teach in one evening class, but after two hours of teaching and cooking, everyone began eating the fully prepared meal.

I pass this on so that each of you can have your own Country Debut. Now, I did do a few short cuts before arriving to class, such as cooking the chicken in a big 8-quart pot of boiling water, celery and chicken base added, for one hour until tender. This way, I only had to demonstrate making the dumplings. It was very easy to remove the tender chicken, skin and de-bone it, and then add the tender dumplings to the rich chicken broth.

The yeast rolls were also started at home, so that they could rise for one hour before arriving to class. The dough was then cut in half, and then rolled out. It was brushed with butter and sugar, and then rolled up jelly-roll style and cut into 12 slices, (repeated twice), for 24 beautiful mouth-watering hot rolls.

The bread pudding was very easy to make, and was baked up to perfection. I used 8 iced cinnamon rolls, plenty of eggs, milk, cinnamon and raisins, and topped it off with a very easy and quick cooked warm custard sauce complete with real butter and real vanilla extract. Yum, Yum!

Lastly, the big Southern salad made with mixed greens, spinach, and variegated cheese cubes. It was topped with candied pecans and fresh strawberries. This salad really complimented the meal. The strawberry vinaigrette dressing was made with Smucker's Strawberry Preserves, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and a little coarse sea salt.

Now, that your taste buds are salivating out of your mouth, you can be the first to get the new cookbook by sending a check made out to Rosalie Serving Cookbooks for $24.95 plus $3.50 for tax and shipping and my husband, Bill, will make sure you get a book in the mail. If you want it personally signed, please indicate to whom. My address is 58 Madden Rd, Troy, Mo. 63379

Or, look for me at Barnes & Noble, 721 Gravois Road, Fenton, MO., On October 10, Saturday, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm for my first book signing of *Rosalie Serving Country.* If you can't make it for the book signing, just ask your local Borders, Barnes & Noble, Walden Books, or most book stores to order it in for you. Cook up some Country Debut tonight and experience a little bit of heaven.

God Bless, Rosalie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment