Monday, August 3, 2009

AUGUST 3, 2009 - THE POGO STICK

AUGUST 3, 2009 - THE POGO STICK
 
Country Greetings and Good Day!

Hello everyone! Since my *Rosalie Serving Country* cookbook is now on its way to being printed, I thought a "Country" greeting might be in order. Entering the month of August always makes me feel like Christmas is around the corner. With only two weeks left before school starts, it seems inevitable that time will start flying. So, be sure to think about giving a gift that gives back- a cookbook of course! Just a thought!

Thinking about Christmas, I thought I just might get all my grandchildren an almost forgotten toy--the Pogo Stick. I can remember having one when I was a kid, and jumping myself to death. The kids in my neighborhood also had pogo sticks, and we would have contests to see who could last the longest, or who could jump the most consecutive jumps. Since my younger grandchildren start jumping the minute they step foot in my house, I thought I might just help them along.

It would also be nice to add it to my work-outs, since I get bored walking the dog, or getting on the old elliptical machine. Maybe I could pogo down the road and back, and who knows, I may start a new fad. Can't you just see the headlines? "Cookbook author boiled too many pots of pasta, and is now in therapy….pogo stick jumping!"

A little history on pogo sticks: George Hansburg patented the Pogo Stick in 1919. He said if you had two left feet and couldn't jitterbug, at least you could jump. Doing some research, it seems pogo sticks are still being made and even exported all over the world. Funny, I haven't seen one lately, have you? Oh, well, on to other things.

While we are still enjoying the nice weather here in Missouri, I am hoping it will be as nice in Orlando, Florida, next week, from the 10th through the 17th. Scott, Jenn, and their children, plus Dana, David, and their two little boys will be joining Bill and me for a week of Disney and four days at Daytona Beach. I call it the last bash before school, schedules, and saddles. Saddles? You, know, Roy Rodgers… "Back in the saddle again?" Vacations are always fun, but I really love them when family members can come along. I may be writing differently two weeks from now….just kidding.

So, what's for supper tonight? How about the best *Stuffed Green Peppers with Tomato Sauce* you have ever had? The recipe is in the new *Rosalie Serving Country* cookbook, and these beef-stuffed peppers are mouth-watering; all cooked up in a savory tomato sauce, and served over a bed of rice. Since the book is not out yet, click on my website,

www.rosalieservingitalian,com and you'll be sure to find the recipe, either on my blog, or with the Weekly Recipe.

Look for me at the Rendezvous Café, 217 S. Main Street, O'Fallon, Missouri, on September 14th, 2009, from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. I will be teaching a "Set the Table Country" cooking class. Some things on the menu: Strawberry Salad, Chicken & Dumplings, Sweet Yeast Rolls, and Bread Pudding with Custard Sauce. $35 per person. Call for reservations: 636-272-8687. This will be a fun class, hope you can come.

Have fun, and let me know if you find a Pogo Stick.

Rosalie

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment