Saturday, January 16, 2010

RESOLUTIN OR REVOLUTION - JANUARY 7, 2010

RESOLUTION OR REVOLUTION - January 7, 2010

Happy New Year to all the wonderful supporters of Rosalie Serving
Italian and Country cookbooks, and May God Bless this 2010 year! This
is the one time of the year that more New Year's resolutions are made
than any other. And, when most everyone sets goals for things in
their lives, either to continue them in a more profitable way, or to
maybe completely drop them and start over.

We all know that diet, exercise, and healthy eating are many times at
the top of the list. People sign up for Anytime Fitness, Weight
Watchers, Curves, and Yoga, just to mention a few. The diet plan is
in place, while all the cookies, candy, and snacks are donated to the
food pantry, and the high fructose corn syrup peanut butter is
replaced with the organic.

Why then, do the facts reveal that at the beginning of January all the
intentions are determined, tenacious, and even monitored down to the
minute, while at the end of January, they are waning and even close to
being abolished? What could very well start out as resolutions might
just well end as a revolution.

Well, if you ask me, changes should be made all year long, slowly and
thought out; from inspiration, documented successes, and testimonials
that have worked for others. Goals should be reasonable, attainable,
and made with our own lifestyle in mind. If I couldn't have my Red
Sauce over Penne Pasta for a whole month, I think there would be some
revolting on my part. Mainly, because I was raised with it once a
week, every Sunday for dinner, and also because I enjoy it so much.
There is an important word here that most everyone tries to
avoid….MODERATION!

Even the good Holy Bible states how important it is for mankind to be
moderate…Phil. 4:5 states, "Let your moderation be known unto all
men." When people get too radical either to the left or the right,
they become unstable and make no provision for failure.
Life is just too short not to enjoy the simple things of life, even if
that means Hot Chocolate and Sugar Cookies once in a while.

I bought my New Year planning notebook and wrote on the front page my
list of yearly goals, some of which I will be working on all year
long, such as:

*Spiritual*… Pray and read the Bible more, perform random acts of kindness.
*Health*…Eat healthy and moderately, and, exercise, exercise, exercise.
*Personality*…Dream more while I am awake, be positive, and reach for the stars.
*Society*…Stay close to my family, call them, visit them, hug them, love them.
*Life*…Forgive everyone for everything. God heals all things, in His own time.
* My Motto for Everyday Living*…"Get up, Dress up, and Show up."

So, my friends, write your own goals, and don't revolt! Eat a small
piece of chocolate cake, rather than three pieces, and enjoy life.
Have fun, and how about Country Fried Catfish for supper tonight?…and
don't forget the Hush Puppy Patties, right out of my cookbook, Rosalie
Serving Country…yum!

God Bless,
Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment