Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MY LETTER TO SANTA!

My Letter to Santa!

Merry Christmas everyone! The season is upon us and with just a few
days to get "things" in order, our lives have now taken flight.
Like...buy the presents, wrap the presents, get the tree up, rearrange
the furniture, get the carpet cleaned, have the dog groomed, run the
kids to play practice, keep the cat out of the tree, keep the kids
from throwing up on the carpet and take extra vitamin C so you don't
get sick. Now, I'm sure I left out a ton of things that are only
pertinent to your situation, but you do get the drift...Christmas is
Coming! Oh, and don't forget the Christmas Cookies!

And did I mention that in just 7 short days, my entire immediate
family descends upon Bill and Rosalie's house in Troy, Missouri?
(That's me.) That's right! They take up residence in all their old
bedrooms for six long days. We start off with Scott, Jenn, Taylor,
Ross, Grant, Max, and their Wiener dog, Harley Grace.

Next, we have Jeff, Tami, Roman, Reagan, Alexandra, Niko, and
hopefully not their dogs, Bailey the Boxer, and Bianca the Bichon,
although I dearly love them both.

And, lastly, we have David, Dana, Elijah and Sebastian. One can only
hope they do not bring their jumping jack, Friedman, the Labradoodle,
but they may be tempted to bring Boston, the long loved family yellow
Lab.

Thinking about the three-hundred meals, forty dozen trays of cookies,
twenty-nine coats in the coat closet, lego villages in the hallway,
and cookie crumbs from here to Jefferson City, makes me want to sit
right down and write Santa a letter.

Dear Santa,
If you have any inkling of compassion, please send quickly... maids,
dishwashers, plumbers, referees, day-care workers, waste-management
trucks, a hotel manager, and above all, any loose change for the
grocery bill.
And while you're at it, send Security Guards to keep my sons, Scott
and Jeff, and mainly "vaccum cleaner," David, my son-in-law, from
eating up all the Christmas Cookies in the first three hours.

And don't tell me you're too busy, or too spread out. Get off you
duffs and quit watching It's A Wonderful Life. There are people just
like me who really WORK during the Hollidays! Allright, that's it!
Let's see what you can do.
Sleeples in Troy, Rosalie.

Now, you all know how I love to cook and bake, and since time is of
essence, I better get started on those forty-two dozen cookies..haha.
And don't forget to include one of my mother's classics, the Italian
Fig Cookie. You will love it!

Have fun Merry Christmas!
Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment