Thursday, October 15, 2009

NOVEMBER 15, 2009 - CLASSY COOKING

NOVEMBER 15, 2009 - CLASSY COOKING

Country Greetings!
 
Hello to all you cookbook crazies and recipe-saving junkies. I'm so glad for all of you that still love to try a new recipe because this gives me hope that you may pick up my new cookbook, *Rosalie Serving Country.* It has been out for two weeks now, and many tell me they love all the family pictures, and especially the food photos. I am so glad to hear this, but especially happy to hear that some of you have already tried out a few of the recipes.

One lady told me she made the *Farmer's Cabbage* the day after receiving the cookbook, and her family raved and raved about the savory dish. Another told me she was going right home to make the *Chicken & Dumplings,* and even try her hand at the *Sweet Yeast Rolls.*

I, too, must say that I have been having fun with these recipes. Last Monday evening at the Rendezvous Café, in O'Fallon, MO, I was privileged to teach a cooking class using my new cookbook. There were nine students and of course Stephanie and Tom Thomson who are the owners of the café, making a total of eleven recipients.

I have everyone who wants to get in on the action wash up to elbows, and then line up right in front of the table. Most everyone picks a job, and before we know it, people are peeling potatoes, chopping vegetables, stirring soup, and even washing up dishes. . In between telling my corny jokes, and letting people do some hands on cooking, we are all laughing, feeling at home, and hopefully learning at the same time. I never dreamed how much fun cooking classes could be. Where else can you go for two to three hours, learn how to cook, share your favorite recipes, tell stories on your grandma, get away from the kids and dog, and eat all the food you just helped to make?

And let me mention how good the food is. We made *Favorite Meat Loaf,* *Creamy Homemade Mashed Potatoes,* *Battered Fried Mushrooms,* Broccoli Cheese Soup,* and the most wonderful *Cream of Coconut Cake.* While someone was cutting and serving the meat loaf, another was dipping up the soup. The mushrooms were dipped in pancake batter and deep fried, and everyone was amazed how wonderful they tasted. The whole class becomes one big family, all enjoying the good food and proud that each one had a part.

I always ask everyone what their favorite dish was on the menu, and usually it's the meat loaf or the soup, but when the cake was finally garnished with whipped cream and handed out, after one taste, the whole class made sighs of satisfaction, and yummy comments. They all voted that the cake was one of the most delicious desserts they ever had. I can just imagine how many families will be having the *Cream of Coconut Cake* in the next few days.

So, my friend, why not venture out and sign up for a cooking class. I will be at the Rendezvous Café again on November 9th, 2009, on Monday evening. Class starts at 6:00 Pm and the cost is $35.00 per person. Call for a reservation at 636-272-8687. The theme is "Bake It up Country Christmas." We will be making *Homemade Peanut Brittle,* an array of Christmas cookies, and even dinner rolls.

Or look for me at any one of the Dierbergs School of Cooking locations: Bogey Hills - Clarkson - Southroads - West Oak (all in Missouri) and in Edwardsville, Illinois. My next class with Dierbergs is on Thursday, October 22, 2009, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, at the Southroads store, 12420 Tesson Ferry Road, St. Louis, MO. Cost is $35.00 per person. Call for a reservation at 314-849-3698.

Have fun, and God Bless…Rosalie

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! And your cooking. Especially your cooking!

    ReplyDelete