Saturday, May 16, 2009

THE GLORIFIED CHICKEN

THE GLORIFIED CHICKEN

Buon giorno, and Good Day!

Greetings to all you cookbook lovers, I’m so glad you are still out there. This gives me hope that my cookbook, *Rosalie Serving Italian* will stay popular long enough for me to pay down its loan. And since I am about to launch my second cookbook *Rosalie Serving Country,* I really need to find folks who love cookbooks! I can visualize myself traveling around in a recreation vehicle peddling cookbooks, especially since I have the potential to loose my home, car and clothes. Just kidding!

On a good note, I continue to keep off the 20 pounds I have lost after beginning a change of eating since January, 2009. People have asked me what I eat and my reply is always the same; fruits, vegetables, and chicken and fish, chicken and turkey, chicken and tuna, or chicken and more vegetables. Maybe my next cookbook will be *Rosalie Serving Chicken.* Now, I am exaggerating somewhat, but the good ole’ chicken is a light, low fat meat and can be made up in some great ways.

Chicken is great sautéed in olive oil, and accompanied with broccoli and mushrooms, it is quite delicious. It is also great with Red Sauces and can be served as Chicken Parmigiana; a low fat dish. Of course it is delicious in the soups as in the Italian Wedding Soup, or in a light lemon sauce known as Chicken Piccata. My children love the Italian Crusted Chicken much like fried chicken, but made with the Parmesan cheese added to the flour. These recipes and more found can be found in Rosalie Serving Italian, all praising the Glorified Chicken.

If the above recipes don’t spark your palate, you may just cook up some rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, or other foreign bodies, because as you know, “It tastes just like chicken.” I can attest to this because while my mother was frying up the critters, she always told me I would love it because, as she said, “It will taste just like chicken.”

My father, being the butcher, had a large following of customers who always felt compelled to bring him their delicacies from the woods, pond, lakes or river. He would bring home rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, frog legs, turtles and for all I know, rattlesnakes and armadillo. “Look Ann,” he would say to my mom, “these sweet people stopped by the shop and brought us this mess of frog legs.” Mom would then get out the cornmeal and flour, and before you knew it, something was actually “jumping” in the frying pan. The truth is these creatures actually taste like fatty, greasy, rubber ducks which are very “chewy.”

So, I say enjoy the real thing; Glorified Chicken, and cook up Garlic Sautéed Chicken tonight. You may even loose a few pounds.

God Bless and have a great Italian day,

Rosalie

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment