Thursday, April 30, 2009

JOURNAL OF STORIES

JOURNAL OF STORIES
 
Buon giorno, and Good Day!

Getting ready to write the Weekly Newsletter, I noticed that today is the last day of April. Now, I don’t know about you, but wasn’t it just last week when we celebrated Christmas? What is it with these days? At this rate, it will be 2010 next month. Looking at my Calendar Book, I noticed at least 4 book signings crammed into this weekend, and all for the sake of Mother’s Day. Yes, here we are again for another big Holiday! But, of course this one is dear to our hearts and to the commercial world as well.

What should we get our Mother’s for Mother’s Day? This will be the big question. If you ask me, I say “a cookbook, of course.” Don’t you know every woman loves cookbooks, and *Rosalie Serving Italian* is just the book. At least this is what I will be suggesting for the next few days.

Actually, I thought of giving my three grown children a gift from me. It would be a *JOURNAL OF STORIES* reflecting their childhood, and how thankful they should be to still be living here on this earth, considering their dare-devil tricks and other antics. Why should the moms get the gifts? We ought to be so thankful we are not in jail serving life sentences, for not being able to watch over them every minute of the day.

Like the day I went to church and the dear brother approached me with the famous words, “Rosalie, I just wanted to let you know…. The other day traffic was backed up on Chambers Road at the school crossing (a major four-lane road in North St. Louis, MO), and I noticed your two boys, Scott and Jeff. They were hiding behind a bush and then running out to the Stop Light for the crosswalk and pushing the button to cause traffic to stop both directions They were so fast that no one seemed to notice, but I happened to recognize them, and since you live right down the block from there, I’m sure they were just having fun. I just thought you should know.”

Or the infamous day of my life when Jeff, my 8-month old son got up one morning and crawled into the bathroom taking hold of the toilet paper in one hand and continued crawling through the house. By the time I noticed, there was toilet paper in every room. As I was retrieving the toilet paper and trying to save it, he crawled into the kitchen and pulled all the pots and pans out of the lower cabinet. He then found a cleaning agent called Janitor in a Drum, and unscrewed the lid spilling it all over the kitchen floor. Just then the phone rang and as I was running to get it, I slipped on the solution, sending me on my back from the kitchen to the Family Room. He of course was laughing. Later that day he climbed onto the kitchen table and promptly emptied all the salt and pepper shakers all over the place. That evening when my husband came home, I was so furious that I had locked all the doors. When he rang the door bell, I opened with a scowl. He innocently said. ‘Hi, I’m Bill Harpole, have you seen my wife?” I started laughing, and eventually let him in and telling him of the horrors.

And then last, but not least, little Dana Beth. She was eight years old when she came to me with a question, “Mom, I’m lonely, can you get me a baby sister?” I answered, “Dana, I don’t think that would be possible”. “Oh, she said, “well, is the part that makes babies broke?” “Well, actually, Dana that’s true.” “Oh, that’s easy; when you go to church tonight, just have the preacher and dad pray for you. I’m sure God can fix the parts that are broken.” We got her a cat instead.

All in all, Mother’s Day is upon us and it is fun to reminisce about all those fun-filled days. Break out your *Journal of Stories*, and let them cook you an Italian dinner from *Rosalie Serving Italian* cookbook.

Click on my website,

www.rosalieservingitalian.com for upcoming events near you.

God Bless and Happy Mother’s Day,

Rosalie

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment