Sunday, November 2, 2008

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 2, 2008 - BLESS AND BE BLESSED

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 2, 2008 - BLESS AND BE BLESSED

Buon giorno and Good Day!

Going to church on this beautiful Sunday Morning reminded me of one of the greatest freedoms on the face of the earth; Freedom to worship in the way that we choose. Do I take this lightly or for granted? A thousand times, I say no; I always thank God I was born an American in the home of hard-working immigrant parents who taught us to love our country and by all means love and thank God for the freedoms we enjoy.

Sitting in the service this morning and listening to Pastor expound on the merits of giving, not only monetarily, but in every facet of our lives, I thought of my dear mother, Ann Fiorino. Almost every Sunday of my life, I can remember her rising very early to make the Italian Bread and Pasta Sauce full of her wonderful meatballs, chicken and pork. Her reasoning was that she would be ready for family or friends stopping by.

And stop by, they did. If it was not family, it was the parish priest when all his duties were fulfilled after the last Sunday service, or friends, or maybe even new American Italians seeking the same food they missed so much.

She taught me so many things; how to cook, set the table, be a gracious hostess, but mainly, how to serve. This was her greatest love. Serving her wonderful Italian food to people she loved and some she hardly knew, it was her greatest joy.

She did not have a lot of money, nor did she leave a legacy of a famous woman, but at her funeral there was standing room only. Many people came to tell their story of her hospitality, others told how she helped them get their citizenship, others of sitting at her table and being encouraged to peruse their dream. Because she blessed so many, she herself was blessed.

As I was completing a cooking class the other evening at one of the Dierbergs Cooking Schools, a lady came to me and said, "I must tell you that your story of 'making a memory' with your children so touched me that I started teaching my daughter how to cook. We have had some wonderful times, and it has bonded us together." She went on to say that she loved the cookbook, *Rosalie Serving Italian,* but the recipes were only recipes until shared them with her loved one.

As the Pastor closed the sermon, he said "BLESS and BE BLESSED. As my mother blessed others, she can rest assure that I too am carrying on the tradition of serving others as best that she taught me. That is why the title of my book is *Rosalie Serving Italian.* My greatest joy is that you will use the recipes in my book to bond with and enjoy your children.

Click on my website,

www.rosalieservingitalian.com to find a cooking class near you. Bring your sons or daughters and have an enjoyable evening with *Rosalie Serving Italian.* Bless someone this week and be blessed.

God Bless,

Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment