Thursday, July 19, 2012

Some Like It Hot



-- Newsletter - July 12, 2012 - Some like it Hot

 

Greetings to all the wonderful friends and fans of Rosalie Serving Cookbooks.   For all of you folks that love this burning-hot weather, this just might be the newsletter for you.  While a lot of people are complaining about the unusual high temperatures, there are some among us that say "hot"  is good.  I guess that's why people still schedule their family vacations and reunions in July.  They say the beach is even better when the weather is warmer.

 

So, while everyone is making lemonade pie, I have been trying my hand at "white pizza, and yes, turning on the oven.  It was just one of those things I needed to practice for my new upcoming cookbook, Rosalie Serving Holidays.    I thought it would be the perfect food for graduations parties.   Since one of my holidays include June graduates,  I wanted to put together a menu that would appeal to graduates,  from the preschoolers going on to kindergarten,  or the college grad going on to medical school...all of which usually love pizza.

 

The "white" pizza  is very different from the traditional marinara based in that the sauce is green.   It is actually a delightful homemade pesto sauce made with fresh basil, pine nuts, and olive oil.  Piled up with different cheeses and vegetables,  (I even added a little "white" meat chicken) this summer pizza is over the top.  My husband was so happy that I had to make it six times to get it just to my liking, that he almost attended his own funeral when the pizza's stopped.   "What, no more pizza?"  Poor thing, I reminded him he could have married an opera singer and endure vibrato all day. 

 

After getting the pizza just right, I completed the menu with a delightful pasta vegetable salad, and for dessert, an incredible rocky road ice cream cake.  Add a cool drink like peach tea, and the graduates have a memorable party.   Even the weather can't put a damper on this food.

 

So how about pizza tonight?  Crank up the oven and make the homemade pizza dough, let it rise up beautiful, roll it out, and have some fun.  You might even throw on some jalapenos and win the pizza contest.   After all, some still like it hot. 

 

Have fun,

Rosalie

 

 

 

 

 

 

God Bless and have a great day.
Rosalie Fiorino Harpole

No comments:

Post a Comment