Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spring Into Spring



--
God Bless and have a great day.
Rosalie Fiorino Harpole

Newsletter - Spring into Spring - March 1, 2012

 

Greetings to all the wonderful friends and fans of Rosalie Serving Cookbooks.   Well, here we are again, anticipating a beautiful spring season right around the corner.   While I really love all the aspects of spring; the bulbs popping through the ground, buds on the roses and trees, and the explosion of color everywhere, I must also tell you that I lament the work I need to do to get there. 

 

I am still looking at some left over Christmas lights that my husband promised would  come down off the fence, raking leaves away from all my many flower gardens,  changing wardrobes from winter to spring (especially when we end up dragging the sweaters back out related to late freezes), and above all....spring cleaning!

 

Since I would rather cook then clean, I have come up with a solution.  I think I will hire the neighbor kid to rake the leaves, Bill can take down the Christmas lights (he has until May), and I can just buy some new spring clothes.  The cleaning will just have to come in spurts...you know, when I get the inspiration.

 

My motto is this: simplify.     As I was saying,  my tranquility comes from baking up something good, and since it is so medicinal for me, I thought I would share my glorious Lemon Coconut Cake with the Lemon Curd Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting, with you, my dear friends. 

 

It all started when I got out my spring white tablecloth with the yellow round placemats.  My kitchen is yellow and I got to thinking about a centerpiece to highlight the table.  That's when I thought of the beautiful 3-layer stately cake sitting up high on one of my many cake pedestals.  Why not just celebrate spring with an evening of friends and the cake as my centerpiece. 

 

Another reason why I love making this cake is that the recipe is doubled to get the three layers, so there is plenty of batter left over for beautiful cupcakes.  One of my students from the cooking class at the Rendezvous Café tells me that she takes the cupcakes, makes a slit in the middle, plops a dollop of lemon curd in, frosts them with left-over cream cheese frosting and then freezes them.  She claims they are so delicious; she sometime eats them still frozen just like ice cream.

 

 There you have it, friends...no reason to fret over all you're piled up chores.  I say shed the stress...bake a cake, and spring into spring! 

 

Happy Spring,

Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment