Saturday, February 21, 2009

CHICKEN POOP FOR THE SOLE

CHICKEN POOP FOR THE SOLE

Buon giorno and Good Day!

Greetings to all the wonderful and faithful fans of *Rosalie Serving Italian Cookbook.* It is always a joy to see some of you at a cooking class, speaking session, or book signing. You guys are so great to share with me your cooking experiences and stories.

Of course, not every story I hear is always the greatest; some are very funny and even terrible. Like the woman who wanted to make a great dinner for her husband, and nearly burned the house down by starting a grease fire in the oven.

Or the lady who set her best china out for her family and her cat got on the table, slid off the edge, and hanging for dear life, took the tablecloth and dishes with it.

Then there was the gentleman who wanted to surprise his wife with dinner and had the menu nearly all complete when she called to say she was going straight from work to a Pampered Chef party. He got angry and invited the neighbors over and their two dogs and ate the supper.

These and other stories are all very unfortunate, but do make great reading, so I thought of writing another book called, *CHICKEN POOP for THE SOLE.*

After all, there are hundreds of touching, endearing, inspiring, enlightening, and obvious stories called *Chicken Soup for the Soul.* There is every king of Chicken Soup you can think of: The Nurse's, Teacher's, Gardener's, Quilt-Maker's, Plumber's, and Carpenter's Soul. There are even age related souls like…Teenager's, Middle Aged Crises, Over-The-Hill and the Young and Restless Souls. Next their will be Chicken Soup for the Depressed, Out-of-a Job, and on Welfare Souls.

I just think someone should write about real life, you know, when you step into a pile of "Chicken Poop!" I don't know about you, but when someone tells me they burned the beans, used salt for sugar in the coffee cake, or dumped the entire pan of Lasagna off the top of the car while pulling out of the driveway, I just think, "Oh Good", I'm not the only crazy person on this planet!

These kinds of stories give me hope, cause me to feel human again and send my spirits soaring to reality. Yes, I call it *CHICKEN POOP for the SOUL." These stories are not only inspiring, they give me cause to try again, and yes, make me laugh my head off!

So, my friend, look for my upcoming book, *CHICKEN POOP for the SOLE*, and in the meantime, cook up a big pot of Pasta e Fagioli and invite the neighbors over and share some poop stories. I guarantee your troubles will be over! Seriously, please e-mail me with your story.

www.rosalie@rosalieservingitalian.com Include your name, or one from your fictitious imagination.

Click on my upcoming events for a cooking class or book signing near you,

Buona notte and Good night,

Rosalie

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment